Taking care of your child’s baby teeth as just as important as maintaining their adult teeth. Some experts say it’s wise to initiate pediatric dental care before the first birthday. Others say to schedule an appointment when you see the first tooth coming in. Either of those suggestions is acceptable. We definitely want to see your brave little girl or guy at least within six months of the first tooth coming in.
The first visit is a short one and serves as an opportunity to meet and get to know Dr. Bartimmmo (We promise, she’s super nice). It’s important that your child see the dentist as a friendly and comforting person.
To that end, you may be asked to sit with your child in the dental chair and have a short conversation with Dr. Bartimmo. You may also be asked to leave your child in the chair and wait in the reception area, so we can see how she reacts without you in the room.
During Your First Visit Dr. Bartimmo will:
- Examine your child’s mouth, teeth, and gums.
- Evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking.
- We do not apply fluoride or recommend fluoride toothpaste.
- Teach your child about cleaning her teeth and gums.
- Suggest a schedule for regular dental visits.